Is Sitting Painful? A Cushioned Toilet Seat Can Help
Find Comfort With a Cushioned Toilet Seat
On average, we spend one hour and 42 minutes each week using the toilet. For some people, that time is extended because a medical or physical condition makes using a standard toilet seat a very uncomfortable experience.
If you or a loved one cringe at the thought of sitting on a hard toilet seat, knowing that pain is its partner, we encourage you to consider a Soft Seat.
Our Soft Seats start with a classic design, including a solid core for the seat and cover. On top of each, we add a cushioned layer, then surround these with a layer of durable vinyl. As you sit, the Soft Seat gives you a soft place to land in a layer of padded comfort.
Included in all that softness are a lot of useful features, too! Many of our Soft Seats have Easy Clean & Change® hinges, making cleaning a breeze. Gently twist the hinge caps to the left, flip them up and lift the seat to remove. When you’re finished cleaning, reverse the process and lock the hinge caps. It’s that easy.
If you’ve heard stories about toilet seats sliding around, fear not. Many of these soft, cushioned seats feature our STAY-TITE® Seat Fastening System™, meaning once the seat is installed, it won’t budge.
Soft Toilet Seats Help a Variety of Users
In addition to the classic design, easy cleaning and security, these padded seats can also provide a measure of comfort for:
- Patients recovering from surgery – a cushioned seat can relieve pressure when sitting, providing for easier toileting.
- Cancer patients – a Soft Seat can ease the discomfort caused by injections and other treatments.
- The elderly – sitting on a traditional seat can be uncomfortable. Soft toilet seats provide a “cushioned spot” for seniors to gently ease onto.
- Individuals with hemorrhoids – the discomfort associated with these can be alleviated by using a padded seat.
- Children – sensitive skin can sometimes be irritated by sitting for too long on a traditional toilet seat. A Soft Seat is especially comfortable.
- Those who like warmth – a standard toilet seat can sometimes feel cold and uninviting. Thanks to the cushion, padded seats feel warm the first time. No unpleasant chills!
Padded Seats Add Style
Not only is your Soft Seat filled with cushioned comfort, it’s also quite stylish! It’s easy to complement your bathroom with colors like White or Bone. Consider Black to create a bold, confident feel, or Sky Blue for a subtle touch. For a truly elegant look, our Soft Seats with chrome hinges add a polished touch.
To determine what size Soft Seat you need, click here. To view our complete line of Soft Seats, click here.
Our library of articles shares design inspiration and ways a toilet seat can improve your bathroom experience.
Decisions, Decisions: Choosing the Perfect Toilet Seat
What Material Should You Choose for Your Toilet Seat?
How a Toilet Seat Changes the Dynamic of Your Bathroom